The Old Testament and the New Testament are full of principles of gratitude to be practiced by the people of God. The choosen nation of Israel was often rebuked from the time they went out of Egypt through the leadership of Moses because they forgot Jehovah to be the one responsible for their deliverance from bondage and exchanged him for idols. The result of their forgetfulness was forsaking Jehovah in favor of the idols of people around them. In the New Testament, members of the church are often admonished by Apostle Paul to be thankful for the salvation brought about by the sacrefice of Christ. Though the act of the Savior in submitting himself to his Father’s will to come and die for us was voluntary, Christians should thank him for that by offering their bodies a living sacrifices in worship for the glory of God. In all prayers we offer THANKS not once, twice nor thrice, but many times. That is Christian gratitude!
The equivalent of the virtue of gratitude in Philippine setting is the “UTANG NA LOOB”. It has a literal translation to “Debt of Gratitude” but in our culture as Filipinos, it is deeper than “debt of gratitude” to the point that it becomes negative because gratitude results to blind loyalty. However, gratitude when practiced as paying back “good things receive” by “giving good things in return” is embodied not only as a part of our culture but it becomes a Christian virtue. The Bible teaches us to repay “evil” with good. How much more of repaying “GOOD” WITH “GOOD DEEDS”?
People who do not recognize paying good deed with good deeds are liken to THE WOLF AND THE CRANE, THE SNAKE AND THE WOODMAN, THE ULOPONG AND THE FARMER, AND THE BALITE TREE, which fables were the initial postings in this blog. I urge the readers to once more visit the twin post (Archive for December, 2009 in this blog).
Edwin Valencia, in his effort to defend the actions of the Baguio Church elders and leaders in taking back three rooms granted by the BCOC congregation to the LTE operated by Bob, Ken, Seb, Dick, and Becky and giving financial assistance to CRIS SACAYANAN when he was operated on for heart ailment, he asked, “Were the acts of Bob and Ken with string attached?”. If this were the views of Edwin and the Elders, then I can’t find a harsher word than being and INGRATE to describe such attitude.
The email to Bob by TOMMY MAPALO in behalf of the Elders asking that the WHITE ROOM be taken back by the congregation because it is needed by the Preacher smacks of being ingrate and done in disregard of delicadeza. It was pointed out by Seb, Dick, and Becky that the WHITE ROOM is intended to be a dwelling place of Bob and Ken when they visit Northern Luzon for their mission. The whole building was constructed by the effort of Ken and Bob. The American brethren were driven out prematurely after the church claimed that the building was given to them and it was ripe in 1994 for the local church to manage their own affairs. It was given to the LTE as a result of the LETTER OF APOLOGY as a result of admitting that the local church committed a mistake in prematurely ending the USUFRUCT. It was approved by the Congregation. However, it was taken back from the Donor, Bob Buchanan, in favor of the Local Preacher who demanded that he be given the best housing in the campus. The Local Preacher is Marlon Locaberte, the son of RAYMUNDO LOCABERTE, elder of the local congregation, and brother-in-law of TOMMY MAPALO. Linda Pajo-Locaberte, the wife of Marlon is the first cousin of Tommy Mapalo. When Locaberte applied for a job as Preacher of BCOC, he knew very well that there is a preacher’s house built for local preachers where previous local preachers (Emilio Panday and the others after him) lived. The choice of Marlon and his family against Bob is an act of INGRATITUDE. “Looks like to me that their attitude is like the attitude of King Ahab who wanted the "best vineyard" so Jezebel had Naboth the owner of the vineyard, be murdered via false witnesses and Ahab took over the best vineyard. Very sad, indeed!”, commented one reader.
The local congregation tried to repay the good deeds of Bob (according to the local church by giving the property to them) by granting him the use of the WHITE ROOM, so it seemed, but eventually the elders turned their back against Bob by getting it back. This may be out of line, but I must tell my readers that this LOCABERTE was the person who fed LEONARDO CORPUZ A WRONG INFORMATION THAT I AM GRABBING A GREATER PORTION OF THE LAND BELONGING TO THE CHURCH OF CHRIST AT 18 RIMANDO ROAD, BAGUIO CITY.
What re the other acts of the American brethren who could have been repaid by good deeds as acts of gratitude aside from the gratuitous deed of assignment of certain properties to the BCOC? My wife and I remember clearly that it was Bob and Barbara Buchanan who initiated the marriage of CRIS SACAYANAN and ELVIRA SACAYANAN at their (Bob and Barbara) house. My wife LEONY was very close to Elvira and she knew. It was Bob and Ken who raised majority of the money used in the heart operation of Cris Sacayanan. The money was personally delivered by Dick Baguioen at the Hospital in Manila. TEOFILO ALCAYDE was taken back as an Instructor in the early 70’s after he abandoned his classes at Philippine Bible College in 1970 and went to the United States for study. He came back to the Philippines because Teofilo cannot withstand the cold weather in the United States. He was without a job after that. Ken Wilkey took Teofilo back to PBC without the latter applying for a teaching job. Would it be too much if these Elders should have seen these generous acts of the American brethren and repaid it with good deeds instead of kicking them out of the properties NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE (excuse the borrowing of the words of SUSAN ROCES)? DO THE AMERICAN BRETHREN DESERVE THE TAG “OUTSIDER” OR “KALABAN”? DON’T WE, AS PERSONS WHO KNOW THESE, HAVE THE RIGHT OF RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION? I WAIT FOR ANYBODY TO TELL ME IN MY FACE THAT I AM WRONG!
What is the connection of getting back the WHITE ROOM from LTE for the comfort of the son of one of the Elders and the brother-in-law of the Church’s Secretary/Treasurer and the SUMMER LAND LEARNING CENTER? IS THIS A CASE OF CLOSE FAMILY CORPORATION AND SCRATCH MY BACK AND I WILL SCRACTH YOURS? Watch for the next Article on the Summerland Learning Center managed by ELVIRA SACAYANAN, wife of Elder Cristino Sacayanan.
The gratitude of the Elders that was expected of them is not act of “blind loyalty.
Manong Daton as called by this writer, Dan to others,and DATON A. PALITAYAN to numerous members of the church of our Lord within the Philippine Archipelago and to many parts of the world where Filipino Christians migrated, had gone ahead to our Lord and Savior Jesus. He rested from his earthly toils in the early morning of April 26, 2009 (1:30 AM as informed by Gershom B. Palitayan, one of his sons).
This writer had first heard about this Great Disciple of Jesus in the summer classes of 1967 when he enrolled at Philippine Bible College in Baguio City, Philippines. He looked at the man from a distance when he made frequently visits to PBC at in those years and was awed by the qualifications frequently mentioned as he was introduced to speak. He was (the writer) then in his late teens.
It was only in July, 1970 when the author spoke to the Man when he was introduced by Federico Dagson to him. The meeting took place at the rented house of spouses Andring and Elvie (Adriano & Elvie) Limbawan. During that meeting Manong Daton gave an oral invitation to the writer to be a student teacher of Solano Bible School, a newly operated school of preaching then in Solano, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines. The latter accepted the invitation by force of circumstances. He had nowhere to go to continue on his fourth year high school studies.
During that stay for one (1) year with the family of Manong Daton, this writer began to realize that the man is “FIRST AMONG EQUALS”. He later came to know the Latin translation of that idiom as “PRIMO INTER PARES” from books of higher education. All through the years, the idiom was confirmed to be a reality.
1. Manong Daton is Primo Inter Pares when it comes to helping others. Upon arrival in Solano, Nueva Vizcaya in the the first week of August, 1970, this writer came to know about “Tidio”, a native of Nueva Vizcaya. Brother Tidio was taken by Manong Daton as a member of his family. The former enjoyed all the privileges of a family member of the latter. Even after the death of Brother Tidio, one of his sons (Tidio’s) was taken in by Manong Daton and enjoyed the same privileges as Brother Tidio had enjoyed. From 1970 to this day, there have been many “Tidios” in Manong Daton’s home. This writer was one of them as he could not have been where he is now were it not for Manong Daton’s generosity by financing the former’s fourth year education at DALTON HIGH SCHOOL, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya in the school year 1970-1971. Philip Marana who later on became his brother-in-law by affinity is another. These “Tidios” had no blood relationship with Manong Daton, yet, they were considered as bossom brothers by the Man.
2. Manong Daton is Primo Inter Pares when it comes to being a “Tent Maker Preacher”. Manong Daton loved to tell this writer how he survived preaching the Gospel in that part of the Cagayan Valley without any foreign nor local support. When he went to Nueva Vizcaya in the late 50’s he had no financial support. He lived at the graciousness of local members whom he converted to Christianity after numerous debates that he won over the preachers of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Manalo). Members of the churches that were established in Malasin, Dupax, Nueva Vizcaya where Manang Aning, his wife, was born,in Bambang, Nueva Vizcaya where the Balgoses, Alcaldes, to name a few, were the early converts from the Iglesia Ni Cristo provided support in part as he went on preaching. He was into farming to augment whatever sustenance these brethren gave him. He worked like a “Full Time Preacher” without any “Full Time Support”, he related. He later on went to Diffun, Nueva Vizcaya (now Diffun, Quirino) because, he said, there was more opportunity to acquire farm land with least cost . With that opportunity, he surmised that his preaching activities will be greatly helped. Indeed, the “Tent Maker Preacher” was responsible in the establishment and development of the churches in Nueva Vizcaya and Cagayan Valley in their present state.
3. Manong Daton is Primo Inter Pares when it comes to the kind of life of a Preacher. Manong Daton had not built “Palaces” for himself and his family. Until his death, he had a modest house at the back of the building where christians in Solano meet for worship. These two buildings had common wallings. He droved a motor cycle (Suzuki) for a long time, then an owner jeep for a while and until his death, he owns a pickup (1990 model) sold to him at a very reduced price by Bother Elmo Duque. The Man was a classic example of a Christian storing heavenly wealth over and above earthly possessions.
4. Manong Daton is Primo Inter Pares when it comes to dedication to his work. This writer was one of those who had the final glimpsed of the Man during the “Panagkakadua 2009” held at 18 Rimando Road, Baguio City from April 8-11, 2009. He was no longer the brisk walking Daton as he was seen walking slowly with a cane. He was no longer the Daton who spoke with clarity and booming voice as he spoke a little bit louder that a whisper. However, his smile as he met with acquintances and new found christian friends was still there as he mingled with the participants. He was seen still trying to guide his son Jonathan as the latter was practicing the choral group from Solano that won the Choral Signing Contest. He was there to lead the flock that he was tasked to feed as an Overseer, a Pastor, and an Elder. This writer still felt that warm and tight hug from the Man. That hug will be felt for a time for there will no more be another earthly hug from him.
There are a lot more aspects in the life of Manong Daton where he excelled and he may be considered as “First Among Equals”. May be there will be more write ups about him like his experiences in the numerous debates he had with the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Manalo), which at times it nearly cost his untimely death. However, at this point in time, this writer likes to emphasize the qualities as enumerated above where, obviously, MANONG DATON stood out among his equals.
Good bye, Manong Daton! I hope to see you in that land called Paradise.
The story is told of a young man who wished to marry the farmer’s
beautiful daughter. He went to the farmer to ask his permission. The
farmer looked him over and responded, “Son, go stand out in that field
and I’m going to release three bulls, one at a time. If you can catch
the tail of any one of the three bulls, you can marry my daughter.”
The young man stood in the pasture awaiting the first bull. The barn
door opened and out ran the biggest, meanest-looking bull he had ever
seen. He decided that one of the next bulls had to be a better choice
than this one, so he ran over to the side and let the bull pass through
the pasture out the back gate.
The barn door opened again. Unbelievable. He had never seen anything so
big and fierce in his life. It stood — pawing the ground, grunting,
slinging slobber — as it eyed him. Whatever the next bull was like, it
had to be a better choice than this one. He ran to the fence and let
the bull pass through the pasture out the back gate.
The door opened a third time. A smile came across his face. This was
the weakest, scrawniest little bull he had ever seen. This one was his
bull. As the bull came running by, he positioned himself just right and
jumped at just the exact moment. He grabbed … but the bull had no
We may miss out altogether.
Life is full of opportunities. Some will be easy to take advantage of,
some will be difficult. But once we let them pass — often in hopes of
something better — those opportunities may never again be available.
The same thing is also true of opportunities to serve Christ. God often
opens doors — opportunities to speak up for Him, opportunities to
minister to someone who is hurting or in need, opportunities to make an
influence on the world around us. If we allow them to pass by (perhaps
because we are waiting for something easier to come along), we may miss
out on them altogether.
Continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God. Also pray for us that God will give us an opportunity to tell people his message (Colossians 4:2-3 NCV).
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith (Galatians 6:10).
May you take advantage of the doors God opens for you this day!
ahooNews today says Robert James Fischer has died.He’s one of the greatest chess players of all time. Learned to play chess at six, became the youngest national junior chess champion at thirteen, the youngest senior champion at fourteen. At age 20, he set a record nobody had done before: 11 wins in 11 games. At age 29, defeating the title holder Boris Spassky of the USSR, he became his country’s first world champion.
In 1975, another Russian, Anatoly Karpov, challenged him. Karpov wanted the title back for Russia. But it was a match that never came. Bobby Fischer refused to defend his title.
Dr. Max Euwe, Fide’s president, could not conceal his disappointment. “We have sent Karpov a telegram informing him that we have awarded him the title, and congratulating him.”
Karpov, who became a title holder by default, could not understand why Fisher refused to play the match. “I wanted this very much to take place. I think he was just not ready to play.” The truth is Fischer wanted to change the rules of chess games. For example, he objected to the rule that limited the championship matches to 24 games, to which Fide agreed. But Fischer demanded further concessions to which Fide would not agree. So Fischer refused to defend his title.
Back in Fischer’s village, his countrymen were equally disappointed. “It’s tragic,” said Col. Edmund Edmundson. “Tragic for Fischer, for world chess, for Karpov. Poor Fischer won’t have his title, Karpov will have a paper title (which won’t mean anything), and the world won’t have its match. We’re all losers” (The Times Report on the World Chess Champion, 1975, in Microsoft Encarta Premium Suite 2005).
Fischer’s reputation as a chess genius is eclipsed, in the eyes of many, by his idiosyncrasies. “His extravagant life and scandalous statements did not contribute to the popularity of chess,” Kasparov was quoted as saying to the Associated Press. Fischer occasionally made erratic and often racist remarks against the Jews, although his mother was Jewish. Every now and then he would emerge on radio stations in Hungary, Iceland, the Philippines and Switzerland, ranting belligerently excessive remarks against his perceived enemies: the US and Israel. (Posted Ed Maquiling) Read more>>>
In this discussion, I take a different approach and for a different reason. My purpose is not to win an argument. I look at the question and the facts in front of me, hopefully, without my colored glasses on, without my preconceived notions, without my set of beliefs.
A missionary of the Lord’s church, who equated “being indwelt by the Spirit” with “being filled by the Spirit” (a conclusion which we have just proved to be lexically and etymologically wrong, see series 1), seeing from the Scriptures that only inspired men had been “Spirit-filled,” concluded that the indwelling of the Spirit had ceased with the death of the last inspired writer. There is no Spirit-indwelling today, he said. He was wrong.
In approaching the question, I try to look at ALL the facts related to it and based on a good number of reasons, I may make my conclusion. But, that conclusion is subject to further investigation and examination. The reason I do this is because I am not an inspired man and neither have I a hotline connection to the office of the Deity.
This doctrine is like a puzzle, and I am trying to find the pieces that fit. Like any specimen in the lab, the Bible too may be examined, by us, and by those who are very critical of it. The facts about that specimen, its character and nature– they do not change–and if those facts are printed and published by machines configured only to print and publish what they see, these facts would come out the same. But in the eyes of men whose hearts have been configured to believe only what they want to believe, you would hear different conclusions.
This study is an invitation to you to learn with me.
Does the Holy Spirit dwell in us through the Word? The proponent of this theory argues that “the Holy Spirit dwells in the Christian indirectly, that is, through a medium,” which is the Word of God. Citing Romans 8:1-2, he says that the “Holy Spirit has a law that set us free from the slavery we were under, from the law of sin and death,” and that law is “the word of God, the good news of Jesus Christ.”
The paragraph in Romans 8 begins with a “therefore,” or “consequently,” an inference drawn from the argument which Paul made in Romans 7. That argument shows that in Christ the disciples are delivered from sin and from the curse of the Law. Since they have been delivered, they are now in Christ, and since they are now in Christ, they are no longer under condemnation or punishment. Romans 8:2 literally reads, “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ FREED you from the law of sin and of death” (Alfred Marshall’s translation). “Freed” is from the Greek, eleutherosen, which means “liberated,” aorist indicative active of eleutheroo, to liberate. As this law liberated Paul and other Christians of long ago, it too could liberate anyone from the law of sin and death today.
Today I bade goodbye to Penny. Three years ago, she became mine for a measly price of P2,800. Now as she grows older, and SLOWER, her upgrading price has gone up, while her usability has gone low. But she is one machine I’d learned to love. She watched me grow from one who knew nothing about Microsoft Word to one who knew something somewhat in some way, like hacking CPUs, memories, disks, legacy and I/O devices. Our three years journey was one most fruitful, because she had honed my skills to the utmost. I had adapted to her ways (”Checksum error”), her idiosyncrasies (”Try Safe mode”), her habits (”Your computer maybe at risk. Click here to update”) and her tantrums (”Could not find boot ini.”). Because she’s grown tired of Windows 98, she shacked up with Windows 2000, but finally settled with Windows XP. No one, definitely no one understood her more than I did; no one lovingly cared for her more than I did. You could say that today our parting was a tearful one. Penny it was who kept me company in my early blogging days. But I have to move on. Since she refused to be upgraded, rather, she could no longer be upgraded, I gave her away, and took on a new laptop.
My youngest daughter was too happy to get Penny the Pentium 2.
Things in this world get old or outdated. I thought about it last night too as I talked to a fellow preacher who’s on his last semester in a graduate school. He and his fellow students are on the cutting edge, the laptop-carrying generation, not just the ordinary laptops, mind you, but the Dual Core Centrino, 1 gig RAM, 180 gig hard disk, Windows Vista OS. Because they’re groomed to be counselors, teaching and lecturing became common affairs, and the DLP (”digital live projector”) became the common gadget they attach to their Neo Emprivas. The suns of modern technology definitely shine so brightly in the classrooms.
After several years of staying in the United States where HERMAN TRINIDAD, her husband died in 2005, Perse Jimenez-Trinidad came home to the Philippines last December 27, 2007. She spent her New Year’s Eve at the family’s residence at Cabilocaan, Calasiao, Pangasinan. This writer, together with some members of the family, went to see her on January 1, 2008. She tendered a thanksgiving party for having survived the “BIG C”.
Sister Perse was so accommodating in bringing home an LCD Multimedia Projector which was ordered by the writer for use in his home congregation at the expense of leaving behind some baggage which were earlier intended to be brought home. She will accommodate this writer again in bringing to America the payment (she accepted Philippine Peso and converts it in America later). The said projector was used last Lord’s Day, January 6, 2008.
Perse is continuing the ministry left behind by Herman by sending help to several Preachers in the Philippines through the ARO Foundation established by several brethren in the USA including Herman and his in-laws. ARO is a word in Pangasinan dialect which means “LOVE”.
Here are some pictures taken by means of a Phone Camera used by the writer. Shown are: Perse (Lady in brown), Leony Lachica, Yoling Bravo, Felix Bravo, Marilyn Lachica & Adelina Lachica (daughter and wife of Trifon Lachica, respectively), Trifon Lachica, Ricardo Nieto, Daughter and grandson of Ric Nieto, Teofilo Alcayde, Roland Lazo, Mar Bernanrdo, and several others.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The congregation of the church of Christ at Pongpong, Sto. Tomas, La Union, Philippines held their yearend fellowship last December 30, 2007. The expanded chapel for worship services was also inaguarated. It is not yet fully finished but it is now conducive for meetings and services.
The event was well attended (see the pictures). Some brethren from Rabon, San Fabian, Pangasinan; San Julian, Agoo, La Union; and Tubao, La Union joined the fellowship. Brother Ruben Mendoza, worker of the OPEN DOOR MINISTRY and the College at Dagupan City, Pangasinan, was present. The event was captured in video and in still pictures. The DVD format of the event will be distributed to the members. We are posting the pictures taken during affair.
The Editor received this email as a copy furnished material from the Solano Church of Christ, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines. The Manifesto is being published so that LEO CORPUZ may respond.
From: solchurch solano (email@example.com)
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:38:49 PM
leo corpuz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
MANIFESTO OF THE SOLANO CHURCH OF CHRIST
December 16, 2007
Leo B. Corpuz
Director of Philippine Bible College- Solano B
Bintawan Road, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya
Missionary of Campus Church of Christ
Campus Church of Christ
1525 Indian Trail Road
Norcross, Georgia, USA
We the members of the Solano Church of Christ that meet at 37-A Bonifacio St. town of Solano, province of Nueva Vizcaya wish to declare our strong condemnation of the following:
- When Leo B. Corpuz proposed the operation of the Philippine Bible College – Solano, he promised that the eldership of Solano Church of Christ would oversee if and when it operates as evidenced by: a.) the year book of graduates, dated Dec. 27, 2003 b.) the agreement dated October 15, 2004 presided and moderated by Bro. Felix Garlitos who was invited by Leo B. Corpuz; however, when it became operational starting in 1999 he refused to observe his commitment to allow the local church to manage this school;
- When the Solano congregation strongly insisted that the original proposal and agreement that the local eldership oversees Philippine Bible College, Leo B. Corpuz invoked the instructions of the elders of the Campus Church in Norcross, Georgia,U.S.A. that the Philippine Bible College remains under their oversight through the Campus Church of Christ’s man in the field or missionary that is Leo B. Corpuz.
- Leo B. Corpuz subsequently separated himself from the Solano Church of Christ and led the formation of another congregation in Solano and he also organized another training school with the same name “ Philippine Bible College – Solano” that is separate and apart from the one started and overseen by the eldership of Solano Church of Christ and operates a mere 300 meters away from the Solano Church of Christ.
- Leo B. Corpuz occupies and controls the lot and building that was purchased and then registered in the name of the Solano Church of Christ during the time when problems did not yet arise, and he still occupies and controls this same lot and building refusing to turn over this property to the registered owner, the Solano Church of Christ.
- Last February 26, 2007 an agreement was signed “that the personal disagreement between Palitayan and Corpuz is all over and resolved completely…” but on March 8, 2007 Leo B. Corpuz and his group made a one sided agreement regarding the main issues of overseeing and ownership of the Philippine Bible College building and lot at Bintawan Rd. Solano, Nueva Vizcaya. We the leaders of the Solano Church of Christ did not sign it because of the following reasons: a.) the agreement is one sided b.) they wanted us to sign something that Leo B. Corpuz and co-leaders did not sign. c.) Leo’s group did not honor the agreement signed last February 26, 2007 because during Sunday morning worship they go to Bangar but on Sunday and Wednesday evening services they worship at Bintawan Rd. which is just 300 meters away from the Solano Church of Christ chapel. For these reasons our signed agreement last February 26, 2007 was nullified.
- Leo B. Corpuz refused to be transparent in the financial management of the Philippine Bible College-Solano and is not transparent under what name the properties that were purchased with Philippine Bible College-Solano funds are registered with the government.
Because of the dishonesty and inconsistency of Leo B. Corpuz and the continuing financial and moral support extended by the Campus Church of Christ of Norcross, Georgia to the dishonest and inconsistent activities of Leo B. Copuz, we the members of the Solano Church of Christ, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya wish to announce to the brotherhood in the Philippines and abroad our lack of respect for Leo B. Corpuz, cutting off of fellowship with Leo B. Corpuz and his supporting congregation, the Campus Church of Christ. We also do the same to persons that continue to support and fellowship with Leo B. Corpuz in the operation and management of Philippine Bible College-Solano B which Leo B. Corpuz directs.
The split of Philippine Bible College-Solano into two groups: one operated by the Solano congregation at 37-A. Bonifacio Street and a second group directed by Leo B. Corpuz at Bintawan Road separated by a distance of about 300 meters brings shame upon the Solano Church of Christ. We are laughed at by the community who learns of this split. We are sneered at by the brotherhood because of this present disunity caused by Leo B. Corpuz’ dishonesty and inconsistency.
WE, the members and leaders of Solano Church of Christ in Solano, Nueva Vizcaya hereby sign the following Manifesto:
1.) (Sgd) Daton A. Palitayan 2.) (Sgd) Juanito C. Pradela 3.) (Sgd) Perfecto V. Castillo Jr.
Elder Elder Elder
4.) (Sgd) Reu B. Palitayan 5.) (Sgd) Felipe B. Marania 6.) (Sgd) Loreto F. Alcayde
Elder Evangelist Deacon
7.) (Sgd)Rusty L. Cabacungan 8.) (Sgd) Oscar C. Galapon 9.) (Sgd) Rolly T. Javonillo
Deacon Deacon Deacon
10.) (Sgd) Gershom B. Palitayan 11.) (Sgd) Darcy V. Ramos 12.) (Sgd) Richie S. Ramos
Deacon Deacon Deacon
13.) (Sgd) Juan R. Macose
- (Sgd) Richard June Acosta 46. (Sgd) Jhon Mel Castillo 91. (Sgd) Ben Donglon
- (Sgd) Zenaida P. Pedrozo 47. (Sgd) Elmer E. Castillo 92. (Sgd) Zenaida Guieb
- (Sgd) Juspicio P. Pradela Jr. 48. (Sgd) Frerdervindo Castillo 93. (Sgd) Lolita Lejao
- (Sgd) Regina P. Bello 49. (Sgd) Dominador V. Felimon 94. (Sgd) Ruth Romero
- (Sgd) Rowena L. Pradela 50. (Sgd) Teofila V. Felimon 95. (Sgd) Bienvenido Guieb
- (Sgd) Armie Soriano 51. (Sgd) Bhijane Marie Palitayan
- (Sgd) Bernardo Soriano 52. (Sgd) Thelma Jane B. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Meriam Bibas 53. (Sgd) Mercedes B. Javonillo
- (Sgd) Amanda Arquero 54. (Sgd) Bhijay B. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Bing-Bong L. Pradela 55. (Sgd) Rhoderick Barroga
- (Sgd) Wenny Jeanne L.Pradela 56. (Sgd) Fatima B. Tortosa
- (Sgd) Filomena Sangbaan 57. (Sgd) Chita G. Gambito
- (Sgd) Romeo Puerto Jr. 58. (Sgd) Lilia G. Malab
- (Sgd) Zenas B. Palitayan 59. (Sgd) Rechie Ramos
- (Sgd) Emelita C. Palitayan 60. (Sgd) Dominica Anulacion
- (Sgd) Rachelle Anne Romero 61. (Sgd) Lily Legaspi
- (Sgd) Elec Bendan Palitayan 62. (Sgd) Alyssa Legaspi
- (Sgd) Hermar K. Bandolin 63. (Sgd) Julito Anulacion
- (Sgd) Regie Barte 64. (Sgd) Florenda B. Marania
- (Sgd) Evelyn G. Predela 65. (Sgd) Melchor Tabinas
- (Sgd) Arceli Dela Cruz 66. (Sgd) Florence Fe M. Tabinas
- (Sgd) Reynaldo P. Cabiles 67. (Sgd) Bonifacio Guliquey
- (Sgd) Analyne U. Garcia 68. (Sgd) Aldrine M. Domingo
- (Sgd) Felicidad Ancheta 69. (Sgd) Cesar Dan R. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Gloria Saturno 70. (Sgd) Meriam A. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Rolando Saturno 71. (Sgd) Leonida B. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Julius Saturno 72. (Sgd) Elsie Alcayde
- (Sgd) Frauline B. Asuncion 73. (Sgd) Marilyn R. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Hapia Pradela 74. (Sgd) Ruben O. Barroga
- (Sgd) Irenio Pimentel 75. (Sgd) Merly M. Barroga
- (Sgd) Jenifer M. Viernes 76. (Sgd) Gloria Roduta
- (Sgd) Rhanecea Maumay 77. (Sgd) Faye Lorraine C. Roduta
- (Sgd) Rosemarie M. Viernes 78. (Sgd) Farrah Jane C. Roduta
- (Sgd) Sunshine M. Dacanay 79. (Sgd) Abigael R. Roque
- (Sgd) Rosendo A. Cabacungan 80. (Sgd) Mark Alvin Roduta
- (Sgd) Rachee L. Cabacungan 81. (Sgd) Michelle Barroga
- (Sgd) Rose T. Cabacungan 82. (Sgd) Noemilyn Barroga
- (Sgd) Teresita L. Cabacungan 83. (Sgd) Medy J. Palitayan
- (Sgd) Rosendo L. Cabacungan Jr. 84. (Sgd) Sherly Garcia
- (Sgd) Daniel E. Castillo 85. (Sgd) Merry Ann P. Daguio
- (Sgd) Leticia E. Castillo 86. (Sgd) Ian Daguio
- (Sgd) Eliseo U. Castillo 87. (Sgd) Tessie Ramos
- (Sgd) Lolita E. Castillo 88. (Sgd) Cristy Pimentel
- (Sgd) Avelina M. Castillo 89. (Sgd) Romando Ordinario
- (Sgd) Yrish Joy M. Castillo 90. (Sgd) Faustino Curammeng Jr.
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 02:10:48 -0800
Subject: Johnny Oxendine’s libelous Report.
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Bro. Lachica,
You are spreading an unfounded and libelous report of Johnny Oxendine, minister of the San Mateo Church of Christ. I have answered his allegations in 2004 and even challenged him for a face to face debate but he never answered me back. I have not heard from him since then.
The reasons why the report of Johnny Oxendine is libelous: (1) He accused Campus Church of Christ as being liberal (his assumption) without even talking or writing the elders of Campus as mandated of Matthew 18:15-17) I asked Johnny what does he meant “liberal”?
He is associating with Wayne Jackson and Windell Fikes who believe in head covering of women in Church worship is essential but Oxendine’s belief is optional. We ask the question, who is liberal and who is conservative.
(2) In the Oxendine letter, he accused me of receiving the “devil’s money” from Campus Church of Christ. Again, I asked Oxendine his proof that Campus is evil.
Now brethren, you received an e-mail from Pablo Lachica. Who is Pablo Lachica? (1) He is one of the Attorneys of Daton Palitayan. I want you to know brethren that Daton and I have reconciled our differences and have already repented. (2) He is the torn on the side of the Baguio Church of Christ because of his claim that part of the property of the Church belong to him. The elders of the Baguio Church strongly opposed to his claim. (3) He is one of the authors of the “deportation letter” filed against Leo Corpuz. In his e-mail dated October 19, 2007, he wrote: “We want him to know that until now we are watching him and don’t want to have him in the Philippines, particularly in Solano.” Brethren, I do not know any disagrement with Pablo or have done wrong against him yet he hated me very much. His problem with is ENVY
He accused me of deceiving the brethren in Solano. The truth of the matter was that the former accountant that we hired made two erroneous entry in her report. She made separate entry that should be counted as “expenses” but in her entry was “income” of the school.
As to the one who oversee PBC, the elders of Campus have written that the elders of Campus oversee the school through Leo Corpuz.” Since this is what the elders want, we cannot give it to Solano. God bless you all.
Yours in Christ,
Leo B. Corpuz
Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.
Express yourself with the latest Windows Live Messenger! Get it free today! Windows Live Messenger
Dear brother Corpuz,
It seems that you are fond of spreading lies. Is this designed to gain symphaty? You seem to imply that I had been sending people about a publication of San Mateo Church? When I came upon it, I emailed the minister of San Mateo and he replied that he is Johnny Oxendine. I asked him if I can send you a copy and he said yes. All I did was to ask you “what it this?”. I even forget now when did I sent it to your. I was good that I sent a copy to you so that you can respond accordingly. You can not accuse me of rumor mongering. I retain a copy of that file in my bank of files.
You seem to imply that I claim a part of PBC Campus? When was that? Can you point to an edifice that I erected in that campus to indicate that I wanted a part of it? Look at the house of the Sacayanans, the Baguioens, the Fernandezes, the Irvings, etc. Can you speak the same of me, Mr. Corpuz? MR. SACAYANAN KEEPS ON EXPANDING HIS BUILDING. DID TELL HIM HE IS CLAIMING A BIG PORTION OF THE PROPERTY? WHY SO SELECTIVE, MR. CORPUZ.
For the record, and the whole membership of Baguio City know this, that I was the one who protected the lot from intruders. i filed a case against these intruders in Court. This case is still pending waiting for Resolution. All the occupants now just watched me singlehandedly argue with those people who came to demolish the erected houses of the Sacayanans, Baguioens, Fernandezes and others, all in the name of the church. ELDER CIENCIA moved for my commendation for having taken steps to protect the property through legal means and extra-legal means (PHYSICAL PROTECTION) Go and ask Brother Ciencia about it. And now you accused me of claiming part of it? What a LIAR in you, MR. CORPUZ. I have long gone from Baguio city since 1992. And I don’t know what is happening in the campus of PBC. i GO THERE ONLY WHEN I MEET WITH OFFICERS OF THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION. NOW YOU CLAIM THAT I HAVE A PERSONAL INTEREST OVER THE PROPERTY?
WHO TOLD YOU THAT I AM A THORN ON THE SIDE OF THE BAGUIO CHURCH OF CHRIST? YES, I AM A THORN ON THE SIDE OF THOSE WHO WANT TO CONVERT PBC CAMPUS AS THEIR PERSONAL PROPERTY. I OBJECTED WHEN EDWIN VALENCIA, A SON-IN-LAW OF YOUR TEACHER TEOFILO ALCAYDE, APPLIED THAT A PORTION OF THE LOT BE GIVEN TO HIM BECAUSE HE WANTED TO ESTABLISH A BUSINESS THEREAT. HE WANTED TO ERECT A BOARDING HOUSE, ANDA PLACE TO CONDUCT BUSINESS. IT WAS THWARTED WHEN I OBJECTED BECAUSE A CASE IS STILL IN COURT. THE ELDERS MIGHT HAVE BEEN DECLARED IN CONTEMPT OF COURT. A THORN? YES IA AM IN THAT ASPECT. IF I MAY BE CALLED A THORN BECAUSE OF THIS OBJECTION, SO BE IT. I AM A TORN WHEN I OBJECTED TO THE LEASING OF THE PART OF THE PROPERTY TO A PRIVATE CORPORATION, LED BY THE WIFE OF THE DIRECTOR, MRS. ELVIRA SACAYANAN. IF I CAN BE CALLED A THORN BECAUSE OF THIS, I LOVE IT MR. CORPUZ. I AM A TORN TO THOSE WHO WANT TO CONSIDER PBC PROPERTY AS THEIR OWN. THE LORD’S MONEY WAS USED TO BUY THAT AND AS A MEMBER OF THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH I HAVE THE DUTY TO EXPOSED ANY ANOMALY. A THORN? YES! I AM.
YOU CLAIM ABOUT A DEPORTATION PAPER. WHERE IS IT? I HAVE NOT SEEN IT NOR HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE. YOU WERE FOND OF BREAKING THE LAW. YOU CAME HERE AS AN AMERICAN TOURIST, ESTABLISHED A SCHOOL AND YOU BECAME THE DIRECTOR. DID YOU KNOW THAT ONE OF THE CONDITIONS OF YOUR BEING AN AMERICAN TOURIST THEN WAS NOT TO ENGAGE IN ANY PROFESSION, OR EMPLOYMENT? YOU WERE NOT A DUAL CITIZEN OF THE AMERICA AND THE PHILIPPINES THEN BECAUSE THE LAW WAS JUST RECENTLY PASSED? WHEN YOU OPENLY EMPLOYED YOURSELF AS THE DIRECTOR OF PBC SOLANO, WAS THIS NOT A VIOLATION OF PHILIPPINE LAWS? THIS I MUST SAY SO THAT THE WHOLE PHILIPPINES AND THE BRETHREN IN THE US MUST KNOW SINCE YOU HAVE STARTED COPY FURNISHING THEM OF YOUR EMAIL FULL OF LIES. IF I WAS PART OF A MOVE FOR YOUR DEPORTATION, WHICH FACT I DO NOT KNOW, IT WAS ALRIGHT WITH ME. WHEN THERE WAS A MOVE FOR YOUR DEPORTATION, YOU WERE PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND AMERICAN CITIZEN, A TOURIST AT THAT, ENGAGING IN A PROFESSION IN THE PHILIPPINES WITHOUT ANY PERMIT FROM CONCERNED GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. YOU GOT IT MR. CORPUZ? YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANDID TO THE BROTHERHOOD IN THE UNITED STATES AND IN THE PHILIPPINES LIKE THE SOLANO BRETHREN, THAT YOU WERE JUST AN AMERICAN TOURIST WHEN YOU CAME TO START THE SCHOOL IN SOLANO. YOU APPLIED FOR A DUAL CITIZENSHIP, THAT OF AN AMERICAN AND FILIPINO, BECAUSE THAT WAS YOUR ONLY WAY NOT TO BE DEPORTED BECAUSE OF THE VIOLATION OF IMMIGRATION LAWS OF THE PHILIPPINES.
YES, WE ARE WATCHING YOU, MR. CORPUZ. YOUR PENCHANT BUYING OF LAND IN REGION 2, INCLUDING THAT OF A FOREST LAND WHICH IS BEYOND THE COMMERCE OF MAN ARE WORTHY OF SCRUTINY. WHY USE THE FUNDS FROM THE CHURCH IN THE STATES IN BUYING A FOREST AND TIMBER LAND WHICH WILL NEVER BECOME A PRIVATE PROPERTY? WAS YOUR SUPPORTER INFORMED OF THIS? YES, WE ARE IN CONSTANT WATCH OF YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR TREASURE HUNTING ACTIVITIES. YOU ARE THE LEADER OF GOLD HUNTERS (TREASURE HUNTING). YOU ENTER INTO CONTRACTS WITH NON-CHRISTIANS FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO HUNT FOR THAT YAMASHITA GOLD. DO YOUR SUPPORTERS KNOW THIS ACTIVITY? THIS IS NOT A LIE. THESE ARE HARD FACTS. WE HAVE YOUR WRITTEN CONTRACT WITH A GROUP OF NON-CHRISTIANS AND YOUR GROUP IN YOUR TREASURE HUNTING ACTIVITIES.
YOU WANT MORE, MR. CORPUZ? THE BRETHREN IN THE UNITED STATES, AT LEAST A SIZABLE OF THEM, LOOK AT YOU AS A MAN WHO FORSOKE THE GOOD LIFE IN AMERICA TO HAVE A MISERABLE LIFE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. TRUE?
YOU SAID THAT YOUR REPORT HAD AN ERRONEOUS ENTRY. YOU ONLY ADMITTED OF THE ERRONEOUS ENTERY WHEN IT WAS DISCOVERED TO BE MAKING A FALSE REPORT. AND YOU CLAIM AN INNOCENT ALIBI, MISTYPED?
ABOUT DECIEVING SOLANO, I AM PERSONALLY CONTACTED BY YOUT SUPPORT A STUDENT IN SOLANO BECAUSE IT WAS A SCHOOL LOCALLY OPERATED AND SUPERVISED. I WANT TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY. AFTER THE FELLOWSHIP IN BAGUIO CITY IN 2002 OR 2003, THE DELEGATION OF SOLANO, INCLUDING MANONG DAN AND YOU WERE INVITED BY ME TO DROP BY MY HOUSE IN AGOO. MY BROTHER TRIFON WAS THEN A STUDENT AT PBC, SOLANO. YOU SAID, “PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A STUDENT AT PBC BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT IS OPERATED AND SUPERVISED BY A LOCAL CONGREGATION. WE HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF THE DAY THAT THIS SET UP IS REALIZED. NOW THAT THERE IS ALREADY THAT SET UP, PLEASE BE ONE OF THE SPONSORS” OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT. I WAS THEN ALMOST PRESUADED. IN THE YEAR BOOK OF THE FIRST GRADUATE, DID YOU NOT ANNOUNCED AND PRINTED IN THAT YEAR BOOK THAT PHILIPPINE BIBLE COLLEGE, SOLANO IS MANAGED AND OPERATED BY SOLANO CHURCH OF CHRIST? NOW YOU CLAIM OTHERWISE. NOW I ASKED YOU, MR. CORPUZ, IS THAT NOT A GRAND DECEPTION? ANNOUNCING IN AN OFFICIAL DOCUMENT (YEAR BOOK OF GRADUATES) THAT SOLANO CHURCH SUPERVISED AND MANAGED PHILIPPINE BIBLE COLLEGE WHILE IN FACT, IT WAS NOT (ACCORDIN TO YOUR OWN WORDS), IS THAT NOT CHEAP DECEPTION? WHEN YOU WENT TO SOLANO, WOULD THE CHURCH IN SOLANO HAVE ALLOWED YOU TO PUT UP A SCHOOL THERE IF NOT FOR THE ASSURANCE THAT THIS SCHOOL WILL BE LOCALLY SUPERVISED, OPERATED AND MANAGED BY SOLANO? NOW YOU CLAIM NOT TO HAVE DECEIVED THE SOLANO BRETHREN?
COME ON, MR. CORPUZ. STOP PEDDLING LIES AND BE AT PEACE WITH THE LORD. WE CARE FOR YOUR SOUL AND THAT OF YOUR COHORT THERE.
YOU ACCUSED ME OF ENVY. WHAT DO I HAVE TO ENVY YOU FOR? TELL ME? YOUR GOOD LIFE? YOUR SPENDING OF MONEY TO BUY HEAVY EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR TREASURE HUNTING? I DON’ GIVE A DAMN ON YOUR WAY OF LIFE, MR. CORPUZ.
YOU ARE CLAIMING THAT YOU RECONCILED WITH BROTHER DATON PALITAYAN AND THE SOLANO CONGREGATION. THIS IS A BIG LIE, MR. CORPUZ. YOU ONLY DID IT WHEN YOUR SUPPORTERS WERE COMING TO SOLANO. AFTER THEY LEFT, YOU DRAFTED A ONE SIDED MANIFESTO OF YOUR RECONCILIATION. BROTHER DATON PALITAYAN AND THE REST OF THE LEADERSHIP IN SOLANO DID NOT SIGN THAT. YOUR SITUATION THERE IN SOLANO WENT BACT TO SQUARE ONE. YOU ARE SUCH A BIG LIAR, MR. CORPUZ. WE WILL ATTACH THE LETTER OF THE SOLANO BRETHREN NEXT TIME ABOUT THE SHAM RECONCILLATION.
I HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER TO MR. TEOFILO ALCAYDE ABOUT THE CONTROVERSY IN SOLANO. PLEASE FIND THE ATTACHED LETTER IF HE HAD NOT SHOWN IT TO YOU.
MORE NEXT TIME. I WILL ATTACH ALL DOCUMENTS IF YOU LIKE.
SINCE YOU COPY FURNISHED YOUR EMAIL TO ME TO PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW, I AM AT LIBERTY TO FURNISH THIS REPLY TO PEOPLE WHO I BELIEVE SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU.
PABLO M. LACHICA
- GRATEFULNESS, A CHRISTIAN VIRTUE
- DATON A. PALITAYAN: PRIMO INTER PARES
- Missed Opportunities
- Robert James Fischer, 64
- A Second Look at the Doctrine of the Indwelling Spirit – 2
- Things That Never Get Outdated
- PERSE JIMENEZ-TRINIDAD COMES HOME
- YEAREND FELLOWSHIP
- RE: Johnny Oxendine’s libelous Report.
- California Missions Catalog of the Churches of Christ
- Permanent Missions
- Word Ministry
- Church Growth
- Mangaldan Church
- Christian Chronicle
- Digital Chain
- Herald of Truth
- PBCAA Group
- Mountain View Church
- MountainView Church
- Pongpong Church
- AICP Site
- John Michael Gamble
- Jeremiah & Brendon Gacusan
- ChurchOfChrist Directory
- A Life That Matters
- GoldenGate ChurchOfChrist
- Tent Maker (Bert Brana)
- Tarlac City Ministry
- Legal Hawk